Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Delicious vegetable spaghetti smothered with a gluten-free creamy garlic alfredo sauce opped with broiled cheese and only 6 grams of net carbs? YES, PLEASE! This amazing side dish is Keto-friendly. Can I get a hallelujah from the pasta lovers following a Keto lifestyle? It's also a great veggie option if you are using the "Plate-It" method from the 2B Mindset program! We had it with naked boneless chicken wings (aka, diced chicken breast - haha) and a side salad. SO DANG YUMMY.
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pierce the skin of the spaghetti squash a few times with a knife, then microwave on high for 5 minutes (this makes it a LOT easier to cut the squash in half)
- After removing from microwave, cut the squash lengthwise to divide it in half.
- Use a tablespoon to scrape out all the spaghetti squash seeds and discard them.
- Brush the cut-side of each squash half with olive oil
- Place each half of the squash, cut side down, onto the prepared baking tray and back for 30 to 40 minutes (or until a knife inserted into the squash shell easily, the inside of the squash is golden, and you can pull apart the vegetable spaghetti from the skin - - the smaller the squash, the faster it will cook).
- Remove from oven and flip the squash halves over using an oven mitten. Let the steam evaporate for 10 minutes.
- Keeping the oven mitten on, hold the squash with one hand and pull apart the spaghetti with a fork, scraping the flesh.
- Place the spaghetti noodles into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly to cover the dish. Set aside while making the alfredo sauce.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in heavy cream, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and shredded Parmesan.
- Stir and cook on low heat, simmering the sauce for 1 to 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
- Stir in unsweetened almond milk to make the sauce thinner and easy to pour, if necessary.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and use a spoon to combine the sauce with the noodles. Stir well to make sure the noodles are covered.
- Add shredded mozzarella all over the baking dish and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Then if cheese is not broiled, switch the oven to broil mode for 1 to 2 minutes to broil cheese on top.