Southwestern Egg Cups
These are so easy to make, and they keep well for the whole week. Freeze extras if you have them!
Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until reheated for those early mornings when you need a quick breakfast.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups egg whites (16 large eggs)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 12 medium jalapeños, seeds and veins removed, chopped
- 1½ cups black beans, drained, rinsed
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese (about ¾ cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside
3. Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper (if desired); whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide jalapeños, beans, and cheese among prepared muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg mixture over jalapeño mixture.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean and eggs are set.