Mini Bell Pepper Nachos
Mini bell pepper nachos are a game changer!! These low-carb nachos are loaded with taco meat, cheese and all your favorite nacho toppings.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb ground beef (or 1 lb ground turkey, or 1/2 lb ground beef and 1/2 can refried beans - - really up to your personal preferences)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- About 20 mini bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream, thinned with water
- Cojita cheese
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced jalapenos
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment or aluminum foil. Lightly spray with oil.
- Spray oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cilantro to skillet and saute about 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef (or turkey) and brown.
- Add taco seasoning and prepare as directed.
- If using refried beans, mix beans into meat mixture, and heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up close together.
- Fill each with cooked ground beef mixture, then top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, sour cream, jalapenos, cojita cheese, and cilantro. Serve immediately.