Bruschetta Chicken Casserole
This dinnertime delight is quick, delicious, and CLEAN!!!! If you're a fan of bruschetta, you've GOT to try this casserole. I'm obsessed!
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 ripe Roma tomatoes, chopped and lightly salted
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, crushed or chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp high quality balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt / Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Fresh parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add in chicken and season with salt and pepper
- Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until golden brown on the sides
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish (lightly sprayed or brushed with olive oil to prevent sticking); top with chopped tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and let casserole rest for 5 minutes, then garnish with fresh basil and fresh parmesan and enjoy!
This recipe came from Clean Food Crush, a GREAT website loaded with tons of healthy recipes. Be sure to check them out!